Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Is it spring yet?

Hi!

Sorry I am so terrible about updating this blog. People ask me about it and I mean to but.....

Well March is here and it has officially been ONE YEAR that I have been under goal & at lifetime with Weight Watchers. The year has gone so fast and it has not always been easy. Holidays are a killer!

So some things I have been up to are............

I have been using the Weight Watchers 'active link' that I was given as a gift from my leader-I was really on the fence about it before she gave it to me but after using it these past few weeks, I really like it. I really am pushing myself harder each day to be a little competitive with myself.

It really does show every activity you do any how many points you are earning each day. I also find it a little disappointing on my 'day off' from the gym when I get a big fat ZERO points earned those days! Last weekend, I walked around the Cleveland Botanical Gardens for an hour or so and it registered but just not enough activity to even count for me. Makes you think and push that bit harder.

I somehow talked my mom into taking a spinning class with me at the YMCA, and last night was our first night! I really liked it! I am surprised by how much I liked it, I felt like the instructor was to the point and nice.  It was challenging but didn't make me throw up! The backs of my legs are sore today, but not at bad as I expected. I am proud of myself taking this class-I have wanted to for a long time, but was too shy. I'm glad I finally did it.

People ask me a LOT about food/meals/menus/recipes. So I wanted to talk about it a little bit. I always make normal foods-I make stuff that my husband will eat and my soon to be 9 yr old son will eat. I do not make 'special' meals for anyone!

We usually have some kind of chicken dish at least one or twice a week, we DO eat pasta, we DO eat shake and bake and hamburger helper. Not every week, but it happens.  I still measure my food at every meal.  Pinterest has been awesome, you can always find a good recipe on there.  We love Mexican at our house, so we are always trying to healthify our favorite dishes! Some of my favorite websites to get some good lower calorie/healthier menu ideas are: green lite bites, eat yourself skinny, skinny ms, skinny taste, skinny kitchen, Danica's daily, Emily bites.

Hope everyone is having a great March so far!
Love
Julie


3 comments:

  1. Nice post.to know more about wight loss Please visit>>
    lipo-6-reviews.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many cool ways to keep weight off over the Christmas Holiday Season - thinking of you getting back into it!
    hugs
    Lucy

    ReplyDelete